The 2017 wedding season is coming to a close, so as we wrap up the year we want to give you a heads up for the upcoming 2018 wedding trends. Fashion and wedding bloggers are already publishing their 2018 wedding trends. We have sifted through the dos and do nots and have compiled a list of the top 5 wedding trends that will inspire you, so read below!
Navy Blue is replacing black as a neutral shade in overall wedding color schemes. Couples are not only using this deep blue in their invitations and decor, but also as bridesmaid dresses.
1. Copper, metallics and especially gold are commonly used as accents. Recently, rose gold dominated as the main accent color in many weddings. With vintage wedding decor making a comeback, copper, metallics and gold will be prevalent in many weddings.
2. Dangling decor will dazzle. Hanging flower arrangements, elegant garlands and suspended iridescent crystals are taking over; keeping guest tables simple and uncluttered.
3. Couples are making their receptions more interactive. Guests are entertained by participating in open photo booths with many props, and even games or other fun activities.
4. Thanks to the popularity of doggie clothes and internet cats, there is a steady rise in animals in weddings. Brides are carrying bunnies and cats and having their dogs walk down the aisle at weddings.
5. We all love foodie photographs, so now couples are incorporating more creative sweets, deserts tables and cupcake towers in addition to wedding cakes.